Welcome

...I will ask the Father to send you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever; the Spirit of Truth whom the world cannot receive, ... but you know him, for he dwells in you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you ( JN 14: 16-18)















Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come. He shall glorfy me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you (JN 16: 13-14)















The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God......(Rom.8: 16)















For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.........(Rom.8: 14)















Have a comment?Please use the email address in my profile.

I don't know what is wrong with the layout/mechanics of this blog

U have to scroll a long way down to find the posts.

I am in the process of transferring the post to a new blog. Sorry for the inconvenience.





























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Characteristics of the Spirit led believer



But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law (Galatians 5: 22,23)

I've been told (from the pulpit) that Agape is Greek for Godly love. Fact is, according to Strong's Concordance "agape" which is translated as the word love in Galatians 5: 22 is affection or benevolence. -a love feast.-feast of charity.

Look up benevolence in Websters Dictionary and you will find, Benevolent: Disposed to promote the prosperity and happiness of others.

It's not too big a stretch for preachers to simplify the definition of Agape Love as, Godly love.

The definition of benevolence here best represents the word love in Galatians 5: 22. Disposed to promote the prosperity and happiness of others. This particular form of love is the same love Jesus taught, as in Luke 6: 27 when he said we must love our enemies.

Promoting the prosperity and happiness of our enemies? What? Seriously?

Now that's a stretch. At least it is for people not led by the Holy Spirit of God. Even people trying hard to obey God's Word pause, when they realize this is a characteristic of a true believer.

Furthermore, if we truly want to follow the Lord, we must obey the Lord. His commands in Mat. 5: 44 Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you. And Luke 9: 23 If any man will come after me, let him DENY himself, and take up his cross DAILY, and follow me. If truly believed, meditated on, and obedience is complete. Then to stand up for one's "rights" is NOT obeying and following Jesus.

Here is where I may become very "un" popular among most Christians. By advising my fellow Christians that they must never stand up for their rights at any time, in any way shape or form. If they want to fulfill what Jesus says they must do in order to be one of his true followers, according to the verses above.

Everytime I see a Christian, especially a Christian who claims to be of Cleric stature, insisting apon having "their rights" in any given situation, I am saddened that Chirstianity in the truest sense of "Christ" still is not understood, and more espcially is not portrayed correctly to a lost and dieing world.

If you claim to be a Christian, you must realize, that even though you may have rights, you must always forsake them, if you want to be christ like. Christ Jesus sacrifieced everything, including his life, for the prosperity and happiness of everyone. Even those who are mean and hateful, unworthy of such love.

The following confession of faith is not my idea. I don't know who first turned Galatians 5: 22, 23 into a confession of faith. But here is a rendition I have been working on for some time. My rendition follows the one I first saw, but is not the same.

I choose love: No occasion justifies hatred; no injustice warrants bitterness. Today I will love God and what God loves.

I choose joy: God is the God of every circumstance. I will refuse the temptation to be cynical, which only interrupts my walk with the Lord. God's grace and mercy is always greater than any problem.

I choose peace: I will live forgiven, I will forgive so that I may live. I will refuse to see people as anything less than God's creations in His own image.

I choose patience: Instead of complaining I will face changes, inconveniences, and new tasks with courage, and trust in God's will and purpose for me.

I choose gentleness: If I raise my voice may it only be in praise. If I clench my fist, may it only be in prayer as I take my God given authority over the evil one. If I make a demand may it only be of my self. I will be kind to the poor, the rich, and the unkind, for such is how God treated me.

I choose goodness: I will go without before taking dishonest gain. I will confess before I accuse. I will be over looked before I will boast. I will keep virtue with integrity.

I choose faith: I will trust God always. I will keep the faith with prayer and meditation on His Word. I will refuse to see any problem as anything less than an opportunity to see God work in my life.

I choose meekness: I will yield the right-of-way, when someone takes my place. Instead of arguing, I will invite them to do so, and when the wait is long, I will use the time to pray.

I choose temperance: I will practice self-control. After this body is dead, my spirit will soar. I refuse to let what will rot rule the eternal. I will be impassioned only by my faith, and influenced only by God.

To these, In Jesus Christ name, I commit my day. If I succeed, I will give thanks. If I fail, I will rush boldly to the thrown of grace, where I will find mercy, and grace to help me succeed every time (Hebrews 4: 16). For God's grace is His divine intervention in my heart, strengthening me to live and love as He does. Glory to the Father in Jesus name, Amen.